Kielder Castle Visitor Centre
Kielder Castle Visitor Centre | Kielder | Northumberland | NE48 1ER
01434 250209 | Send Email l https://www.forestryengland.uk/kielder-castle
PLEASE NOTE - THE CASTLE IS CURRENTLY CLOSED FOR REDEVELOPMENT OF GROUND FLOOR.
The Street Diner, courtyard and information point is now open.
Best for: Cycling, mountain biking and forest activities.
Formerly the hunting lodge for the Duke of Northumberland, Kielder Castle area is the hub for cycling within the Park.
Come here to:
- Buy food and drink from the mobile Street Diner from 3rd April 2023
- Zog Trail is now open on the Dukes Way
- Test your mountain biking (mtb) skills or start a single track trail
- Hire, repair or purchase bicycles at The Bike Place - https://www.thebikeplace.co.uk/
- Enjoy the Minotaur Maze.
- Drive along the longest forest drive in the UK (toll road) fee £3 (£7 combined day parking and Forest Drive). NOTE the Forest Drive is seasonal. It will reopen on 1st May 2023 to 1st December.
- Start a walk or bike ride along the Lakeside Way.
- Visit the red squirrel viewing hide.
- Keep your eyes peeled for some of Kielder's wildlife including red squirrels, pipistrelle bats and roe deer