Please read the latest information.
Kielder Castle Visitor Centre
Kielder Castle Visitor Centre | Kielder | Northumberland | NE48 1ER
PLEASE NOTE - THE CASTLE IS CURRENTLY CLOSED FOR REDEVELOPMENT OF GROUND FLOOR AND COURTYARD.
The toilet block at Kielder Castle will be closed on Monday 19 and Tuesday 20 July for essential maintenance work.
The toilets in the castle will be open during this time.
Best for: Cycling, mountain biking and forest activities.
Formerly the hunting lodge for the Duke of Northumberland, Kielder Castle area is the hub for cycling within the Park.
Come here to:
- Test your mountain biking (mtb) skills or start a singletrack trail
- Hire, repair or purchase bicycles at The Bike Place.
- Enjoy light snacks and warming meals from The Sea Diner
- Enjoy the Minotaur Maze, part of Kielder Art & Architecture.
- Drive along the longest forest drive in the UK (toll road) the cost would be £3.00 (£7.00 combined day parking and Forest Drive). Please note the drive is usually open seasonally 1st May to 2nd December.
- Start a walk or bike ride along the Lakeside Way.
- Visit the red squirrel viewing hide.
- Keep your eyes peeled for some of Kielder's wildlife including red squirrels, pipistrelle bats and roe deer (on the Forest Drive).