Whatever your taste buds delight in, spoil them rotten at Battlesteads pub, hotel and restaurant in Wark, near Hexham.
Most of the food is either grown on site in the two acre gardens and two polytunnels or sourced from artisan producers within 25 miles of the hotel. And it’s all cooked to order by head chef Eddie Shilton and his team.
Originally built as a farmstead in 1747, Battlesteads is now the greenest hotel in Northumberland with multi-award winning eco credentials. Interested guests can enjoy a tour of the green installations, while others simply enjoy the guilt-free pleasure of great food, locally-brewed beer, organic and biodynamic wines and comfy accommodation – all without the chemicals!
Battlesteads offers three options for an eating experience – a more relaxed affair in the bar area; views of the garden and some wildlife-spotting from the conservatory; or a more formal, intimate experience in the main restaurant with its dark wood furnishings and low lighting.
There is ample parking on site and secure storage for cycles.
See the website for latest offers and short breaks.
Battlesteads on Twitter
- @caskmarque How can I get in touch with someone about the good beer guide?27 Oct at 16:17
- RT @Sacha_Lord: Speechless. No VAT or Biz Rate support for Hospitality. Corporation tax cuts are completely useless if businesses aren’t…23 Sep at 09:50
- @emilyeavis any news on ticket release dates for 2023? Thanks21 Sep at 10:42
- RT @RoyalCentral: Farmers have positioned their tractors to form a guard of honour for the late Queen Elizabeth II as she passes through Ab…11 Sep at 14:50
- RT @AnnaRoseWK: Our most famous and beautiful mountain here in Switzerland, the Matterhorn, was illuminated with the Union Jack, in honour…09 Sep at 21:53